As you think about doing spring cleaning in your home, don’t forget about your business. It needs special attention as well.
Other than the obvious clearing your desk of misc. files that you’ve been putting off for the past month, here are 5 other suggestions that you might not have thought about.
1. Get rid of some of those tasks that have been on your To-Do List for the past 6 months. Either scrap them completely or delegate them to someone else. The fact that they aren’t completed yet, means that either they aren’t super important to complete or you really have no intention of doing them. So do yourself a favor and just clear them from your plate.
2. Clean out and organize old files on your computer. If there are files that you have that you don’t need immediate access to, yet don’t want to delete them, move them to a back up CD/DVD or external hard drive. You’ll save space on your system and if you ever need to access the files again, you’ll be able to find them easier than searching your computer. (Your computer will run faster as well when you free up that extra space.)
3. Change your passwords. Yes, I know this one can be a pill, yet with all the sites we access online, you want to make sure your accounts are secure. I know it isn’t advisable to use the same password for all of the sites you access, but try grouping similar sites with similar passwords. For example, all your social networks using the same password or slight variations – password1, password2, etc. Another suggestion I’ve heard about and use is to create positive statements to such as “IamSmokin19” or “MyBusinessRox!” as your passwords.
4. Review your products & services. Look over your web copy, your brochures, etc. and see if they properly represents what you are still offering. Are there services that you’d rather not continue with this year or maybe you’d like to offer something new? Make any updates as needed so everything is current.
5. Refresh your client testimonials. Go through your list of testimonials and cull any that don’t fit what you are now offering. Make requests from people you’ve worked with over the past year and get current ones. Add some juicy blurbs from some of your best testimonials to your print marketing materials or on the home page of your web site.
Your assignment:Pick one or two things to do this week and another for each of the next 3 weeks to get your business jazzed up again.